A “braindead” couple have been slammed for camping with their child on the edge of a cliff
in Yorkshire, UK.
The parents pitched up with the youngster along the Cleveland Way trail in Staithes, which has recently seen devastating landslips.
Stomach-churning photos show the tent just metres away from the edge of the cliff, which is believed to be around 203m high.
The Coastguard were scrambled yesterday to move the family away from the area.
“Today’s call was to attend a section of the Cleveland Way to issue safety advice to two adults and a child camping on the cliff edge,” the Staithes Coastguard said.
“An Officer from North Yorkshire Police also attended due to breach of coronavirus restrictions.
“Safety advice was given from Coastguard Rescue Officers due to the dangerous location of their tent, especially with recent landslips.
“If you see anyone at risk or in danger at the coast, immediately call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.”
The couple have now been slammed on social media for their dangerous holiday spot.
One person wrote: “Horrendous! The child must have been petrified camping so close to that edge. They need to be severely punished for this!”
Another said: “Not just being stupid for themselves & putting a child in danger but using up valuable time with the coastguard when they could be elsewhere.”
While one wrote: “Beggars belief! You can see where the ground has partially broken away! Braindead”.
It comes just weeks after a rescue volunteer was left paralysed from his neck down when he suffered horrific injuries while trying to help two campers.
Chris Lewis, 60, and other volunteers had been called out when the two wild campers got into trouble in the Lake District.
The pair had travelled hundreds of miles in breach of lockdown restrictions and then called 999 in the middle of the night when one suffered chest pains.
Chris and his colleagues from Patterdale Mountain Rescue headed to help the men but he fell 500ft down a ravine near Kirkstone Pass.
He was rushed to hospital with multiple facial fractures and damage to his spinal cord.
This article originally appeared on The Sun and has been republished with permission