SINGAPORE, Sept. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — As people continue to navigate the changing dynamics of travel, Hilton remains optimistic and committed to providing flexibility to its more than 118 million Hilton Honors members worldwide. Again leading the hospitality industry, Hilton Honors announced that its members can expect to retain their Points and elite status for an extended period of time and earn status more easily in 2022.
Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program of Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 brands, has implemented the following global benefit changes to help members maintain or achieve elite status, even as travel remains limited in some parts of the world. The changes announced today include:
- Extending status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status perks and benefits longer.
- Pausing Points expiration until Dec. 31, 2022, so members have more time to use their Points towards free nights at more than 6,600 Hilton hotels, exclusive Hilton Honors Experiences, live events, charitable donations and more.
- Relaxing 2022 qualifications around earning Status, Milestone Bonuses, and Status Gifting from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve. In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
- Status Tier Requirements
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
- Milestone Bonuses
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
- Elite Status Gifting
- One-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of every status level, so all completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
“As we get back to a new season of travel together, we want our loyal guests to know that we made these program changes with them top-of-mind,” said Jenn Chick, vice president and global head, Hilton Honors & Customer Engagement, Hilton. “We are proud to lead the hospitality industry in providing flexibility, once again, to our valued Hilton Honors members to help them make new memories when they’re ready to travel again.”
From now until December 31, 2021, all registered Hilton Honors members across Asia Pacific can take advantage of Hilton’s “Power Up” promotion, and earn double Bonus Points for completing eligible stays during this period, valid across all hotels and resorts under Hilton’s portfolio of brands.
Additionally, the Hilton Honors “Like a Member” dining offer is also currently available across Asia Pacific, presenting members with discounts of up to 25% and the opportunity to earn Bonus Points across an extensive range of dining outlets managed by Hilton in the region.
To enhance the guest experience, Hilton Honors has steadily implemented global program adjustments throughout the length of the pandemic and offered members peace of mind through innovative offerings like contactless arrival through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app and Confirmed Connecting Rooms by Hilton. Once members are ready to take their next vacation or that next business trip, they can travel confidently knowing their Hilton Honors Points and status will be waiting for them.
*High-resolution images can be accessed here.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,600 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 118 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,600 properties in 119 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app, where members can check in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 118 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including with select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem Points for free nights, purchases on Amazon, charitable contributions and more. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online at hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at newsroom.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.